Shared Earth takes privacy of your data very seriously. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
The information we collect is what is necessary to process orders and to provide you with our best service.
What we collect:
We will use your information as follows:
- Personal/businesses information, e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number and demographic information about your business.
- We may also collect information about your internet session such as IP address, the URL you came to our website from, pages of our website you have viewed, geographical area, etc.
- Please be aware that we may capture information about your online visit to help us improve our service.
Who will have access to the data:
- To set up and maintain your account on our website and on our secure server.
- To allow administration of your account.
- To contact you about transactions on your account.
- To process your orders.
- To enable us and third parties (for example delivery companies) to carry out technical, logistical or other functions for the purposes of managing your account and the technical and management systems upon which it relies on our behalf.
- To carry out fraud prevention.
- To carry out credit checking.
- To enable us and third parties (acting on our behalf) to carry out data analysis with regard to your account for the company’s internal business purposes.
- To conduct marketing activities.
- To notify you of products, promotions and company details by email, phone or post. You may opt out of this at any time. Please note if you opt out there might be a short time before our systems are updated and you continue to receive information from us.
- We are legally obliged to give information when required to law enforcement agencies.
Period of holding your data:
- Staff within Shared Earth organisations and third parties as stated above for the purposes only as stated above.
- We will never sell your details, and we will never share them with anyone other than as stated above.
- Where necessary, some accounting information will be kept for as long as required by UK law.
- Other information will be kept until you ask us to remove it or until it becomes no longer necessary to keep it, whichever is the sooner.
By completing our online contact form and/or requesting an account, you agree to give us permission to use your information for the purposes outlined above.
If at any time you wish to revoke this permission, please contact us to let us know. If you revoke your permission, we will not be able to process any further orders on that account.
Access to the information we hold
You may request a copy of all the personal data we hold about you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and we will send the information either to your registered email address or your registered postal address.
If you have agreed to us sending information about our products, services, promotions, etc by email, you may opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of our marketing emails or contact us to let us know.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing by phone and/or post (including receiving our catalogues) please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Wholesale Manager at Shared Earth, 1 Minster Gates, York YO1 7HL.
This policy was last updated May 2018